Medicare and Hospice

Monday, June 1, 2009

Medicare Part A includes Hospice as a benefit.  Medicare Part A beneficiaries are entitled to hospice benefits if they are terminally ill and have less than six months to live.  Hospice benefits include doctor services, medical equipment and supplies, and nursing services among other things.  In 2011, Medicare Part A has a $1,132 deductible.  The beneficiary is responsible for this deductible.  Medicare Part B has a $162 deductible and then Medicare pays 80% and the beneficiary generally pays the remaining 20%.  These costs can be covered by a Medicare supplement policy.  It is easy to get a Medicare supplement quote by talking to a insurance professional who specializes in Medicare supplement insurance. 

6/1/2009

Add your comments:

Items in bold indicate required information.